Documentation and guides for ARE department resources are listed below. The campus-wide knowledge base can be found at kb.ucdavis.edu.
Setting Up Your Personal Computer
- Installing Microsoft Office
- Installing & Using XQuartz
- Installing & Using Cygwin/X
- Free MATLAB for Students
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How can I access departmental computing resources?
- A: The computer lab is open to all ARE graduate students. Access to the Linux compute servers should be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: Can I use my personal computer on the office network?
- A: Yes. Access to the wired network can be requested by emailing email@example.com. If your laptop does not have an Ethernet port, you may need to purchase a suitable adapter.
Contact Us2116 Social Sciences and Humanities
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Main Office: 530-752-1515
DeLoach Conference Room: 530-752-2916
Main Conference Room: 530-754-1850
Student Advising Services: 530-754-9536