Hiroaki Kaido, Boston University
Information Based Inference in Models with Set-Valued Predictions and Misspecification
Date and Location
Monday, November 14, 2022, 3:40 PM - 5:00 PM
Blue Room, 1113 Social Sciences and Humanities
This paper proposes an information-based inference method for partially identified parameters in incomplete models that might be misspecified. Key features of the method are: (i) it is based on minimizing a suitable definition of Kullback-Leibler information criterion that accounts for incompleteness of the model and delivers a non-empty pseudo-true set; (ii) tests and confidence sets are based on Rao’s score statistic, which is shown to be asymptotically pivotal; (iii) implementation is the same for both correctly and incorrectly specified models; (iv) it is computationally tractable; (v) all information provided by variation in discrete and continuous covariates is exploited.
Subscribe to Upcoming Seminars
Individual seminar and workshop announcements are circulated via separate mailing lists. To subscribe, send an email to the relevant list:
- Click here to subscribe to the Departmental Seminars.
- Click here to subscribe to the Agricultural Economics Workshop.
- Click here to subscribe to the Development Workshop.
- Click here to subscribe to the Econometrics Seminars.
- Click here to subscribe to the Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop and the Environmental and Energy Economics Workshop.
Contact Us2116 Social Sciences and Humanities
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Main Office: 530-752-1515
Student Advising Services: 530-754-9536
DeLoach Conference Room: 530-752-2916
Main Conference Room: 530-754-1850