Richard Roos-Collins, Water and Power Law Group PC
Economics of Ecosystem Restoration in the Klamath Basin
Date and Location
Thursday, November 18, 2021, 4:10 PM - 5:30 PM
Online Meeting, Zoom
This talk will address how resource economics will drive the largest dam removal in U.S. history. In 2016 PacifiCorp agreed to decommission four power dams on the Klamath River in Oregon and California. This talk will address how dam removal (expected to occur in 2023) will protect the economic interest of PacifiCorp and its power customers, while also advancing the public interest in restoring the salmon fisheries that once were the second largest on the West Coast. The talk will address how dam removal is a key mitigation strategy to prepare aquatic ecosystems for climate change.
Subscribe to Upcoming Seminars
Individual seminar and workshop announcements are circulated via separate mailing lists. To subscribe, send an email to the relevant list:
- Click here to subscribe to the Departmental Seminars.
- Click here to subscribe to the Agricultural Economics Workshop.
- Click here to subscribe to the Development Workshop.
- Click here to subscribe to the Econometrics Seminars.
- Click here to subscribe to the Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop and the Environmental and Energy Economics Workshop.
Contact Us2116 Social Sciences and Humanities
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Main Office: 530-752-1515
Student Advising Services: 530-754-9536
DeLoach Conference Room: 530-752-2916
Main Conference Room: 530-754-1850