Kenneth Judd, Hoover Institution
Dynamic Stochastic Modeling of the Economy and Climate
Date and Location
Monday, February 3, 2020, 4:10 PM - 5:30 PM
ARE Library Conference Room, 4101 Social Sciences and Humanities
Uncertainty about future economic and climate conditions substantially
affects the choice of policies for managing interactions between
the climate and the economy.We develop a framework of dynamic stochastic
integration of climate and economy, and show that the social
cost of carbon is substantially affected by both economic and climate
risks and is a stochastic process with significant variation. We examine
a wide but plausible range of values for critical parameters with robust
results and show that large-scale computing makes it possible to analyze
policies in models substantially more complex and realistic than
usually used in the literature.
Subscribe to Upcoming Seminars
Individual seminar and workshop announcements are circulated via separate mailing lists. To subscribe, send an email to the relevant list:
- Click here to subscribe to the Departmental Seminars.
- Click here to subscribe to the Agricultural Economics Workshop.
- Click here to subscribe to the Development Workshop.
- Click here to subscribe to the Econometrics Seminars.
- Click here to subscribe to the Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop and the Environmental and Energy Economics Workshop.
Contact Us2116 Social Sciences and Humanities
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Main Office: 530-752-1515
Student Advising Services: 530-754-9536
DeLoach Conference Room: 530-752-2916
Main Conference Room: 530-754-1850