Farid Farrokhi, Purdue University
Global Sourcing in Oil Markets
Date and Location
Monday, April 23, 2018, 4:10 PM - 5:30 PM
ARE Library Conference Room, 4101 Social Sciences and Humanities
This paper develops a multi-country general equilibrium model of oil trade to examine the effects of counterfactual policies on oil prices and trade quantities across the world geography. I exploit data on the imports of American refineries, and derive a new procedure allowing for an all-in-one estimation of refineries’ selected suppliers and purchased quantities. I find that the behavior of crude oil markets modestly deviates from an integrated global market, lifting the ban on U.S. crude oil exports creates a notable distributional impact across producers and refineries, and gains from trade in oil are immensely larger than those in benchmark models.
Subscribe to Upcoming Seminars
Individual seminar and workshop announcements are circulated via separate mailing lists. To subscribe, send an email to the relevant list:
- Click here to subscribe to the Departmental Seminars.
- Click here to subscribe to the Agricultural Economics Workshop.
- Click here to subscribe to the Development Workshop.
- Click here to subscribe to the Econometrics Seminars.
- Click here to subscribe to the Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop and the Environmental and Energy Economics Workshop.
Contact Us2116 Social Sciences and Humanities
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Main Office: 530-752-1515
Student Advising Services: 530-754-9536
DeLoach Conference Room: 530-752-2916
Main Conference Room: 530-754-1850