Chuck Huber, StataCorp LLC
Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) using Stata
Date and Location
Thursday, August 31, 2017, 2:50 PM - 4:50 PM
ARE Library Conference Room, 4101 Social Sciences and Humanities
In this talk I introduce the concepts and jargon of structural equation modeling (SEM) including path diagrams, latent variables, endogenous and exogenous variables, and goodness of fit. I describe the similarities and differences between Stata’s -sem- and -gsem- commands. Then I demonstrate how to fit many familiar models such as linear regression, multivariate regression, logistic regression, confirmatory factor analysis, and multilevel models using -sem- and -gsem-. I wrap up by demonstrating how to fit structural equation models that contain both structural and measurement components.
Subscribe to Upcoming Seminars
Individual seminar and workshop announcements are circulated via separate mailing lists. To subscribe, send an email to the relevant list:
- Click here to subscribe to the Departmental Seminars.
- Click here to subscribe to the Agricultural Economics Workshop.
- Click here to subscribe to the Development Workshop.
- Click here to subscribe to the Econometrics Seminars.
- Click here to subscribe to the Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop and the Environmental and Energy Economics Workshop.
Contact Us2116 Social Sciences and Humanities
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Main Office: 530-752-1515
Student Advising Services: 530-754-9536
DeLoach Conference Room: 530-752-2916
Main Conference Room: 530-754-1850