Shon Ferguson, Research Institute of Industrial Economics (IFN)
State Trading Deregulation and Cropping Patterns on the Canadian Prairies
Date and Location
Thursday, May 4, 2017, 4:10 PM - 5:30 PM
ARE Library Conference Room, 4101 Social Sciences and Humanities
We estimate the impact of the removal of the Canadian Wheat Board (CWB) monopoly on the spatial pattern of malt barley production in Western Canada. The removal of the CWB single-desk encouraged farmers located closer to malt barley plants to increase production relative to farmers located further from the plants. This pattern can be explained by a combination of efficiency gains combined with higher transportation costs for farms furthest away from malt barley plants.
Subscribe to Upcoming Seminars
Individual seminar and workshop announcements are circulated via separate mailing lists. To subscribe, send an email to the relevant list:
- Click here to subscribe to the Departmental Seminars.
- Click here to subscribe to the Agricultural Economics Workshop.
- Click here to subscribe to the Development Workshop.
- Click here to subscribe to the Econometrics Seminars.
- Click here to subscribe to the Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop and the Environmental and Energy Economics Workshop.
Contact Us2116 Social Sciences and Humanities
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Main Office: 530-752-1515
Student Advising Services: 530-754-9536
DeLoach Conference Room: 530-752-2916
Main Conference Room: 530-754-1850