James Roumasset, University of Hawai'i
Least-Pearce-first Meets Groundwater Economics
Date and Location
Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 12:00 AM - 2:15 PM
Optimal management of non-renewable resources calls for sequencing extraction according to the Pearce equation. We extend the least-Pearce-first principle to multiple stocks of a renewable resource, facing a single demand sector. We apply the principle to two groundwater aquifers and then to an aquifer supplemented by wastewater recycling. Extending the Pearce equation to include externalities is discussed briefly.
Subscribe to Upcoming Seminars
Individual seminar and workshop announcements are circulated via separate mailing lists. To subscribe, send an email to the relevant list:
- Click here to subscribe to the Departmental Seminars.
- Click here to subscribe to the Agricultural Economics Workshop.
- Click here to subscribe to the Development Workshop.
- Click here to subscribe to the Econometrics Seminars.
- Click here to subscribe to the Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop and the Environmental and Energy Economics Workshop.
Contact Us2116 Social Sciences and Humanities
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Main Office: 530-752-1515
Student Advising Services: 530-754-9536
DeLoach Conference Room: 530-752-2916
Main Conference Room: 530-754-1850