The Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics receives national and international recognition for high quality faculty and for the strength of its and programs.
- Department is home to 25 teaching and research faculty and five Cooperative Extension specialists.
- Skilled support staff includes specialists in administration and financial services, computer programming and library science.
- Eight emeritus faculty and six current faculty are Fellows of the American Agricultural Economics Association (AAEA). Departmental faculty and graduate students regularly receive awards for outstanding research from the AAEA and Western AEA.
- The Department administers the popular Managerial Economics undergraduate major. The program’s unique combination of disciplinary training in economics and quantitative methods, combined with applications to agriculture, business, and resource issues make graduates of the program valuable employees to both public and private sector enterprises.
- The Ph.D. and Masters programs emphasize state-of-the-art training in economic theory and quantitative methods, with specialty in agricultural economics, economic development, and environmental and natural resource economics.
- In each area of emphasis, the Ph.D. program consistently ranks number one or two in the world. Graduates of this program hold positions of distinction in academia, government, international organizations, and industry around the world.
Contact Us2116 Social Sciences and Humanities
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Main Office: 530-752-1515
Student Advising Services: 530-754-9536